Painting Workshop at Katadhin Lake
October 16-19, 2008
Follow in the footsteps of Church, Hartley, and Fitzgerald on a sojourn to paint Maine’s iconic mountain in its autumnal glory from the vantage of Katahdin Lake.
Plein Air Painting Workshop at Katadhin Lake. Michael Branca, Workshop Leader
Established in the 1800s, Katahdin Lake Wilderness Camps offers pristine waters, majestic woods, and breathtaking views from Katahdin to The Traveler.
Workshop fee of $750 includes
- 3 nights in cabins at Katahdin Lake Wilderness Camps
- All meals and linens
- Daily demonstrations, talks, and creative exercise by the trip leader
- On-site instruction and problem-solving
- End-of-day critiques of work produced
Participants must provide:
- Appropriate outdoor clothing and other personal basics
- All art supplies, easels, etc.
Workshop leader Michael Branca is an alumnus of Colby College and the Skowhegan School of Painting and Sculpture. He began plein air painting in earnest while living on Monhegan Island during a prestigious Carina House residency, and guides wilderness painting experiences throughBackcountry Art Trips. This workshop limited to 15.
Katadhin Lake Wilderness Camps are reached by a gentle 3 mile hike from Baxter State Park’s Roaring Brook camping area.
For more information or reservations call 207-786-8302.