The Office of Intercultural Education is a spacious area that is open to the Bates College community during COVID-19 pandemic. The OIE can be reserved for group events through the Event Management System. Events that occur in the OIE must align with the OIE’s mission. All practices and policies must be followed with all reservations. Reservations can be made on weekdays, from 5:30pm to 11:00pm, and weekends from 10:00am to 11:00pm.
We have established policies and practices to keep everyone safe. We have implemented the following safety practices:
- Hourly sanitation of all surfaces and frequently used areas.
- Capacity signage that designates all room capacities.
- No eat or drinking as we are not a designated place on campus for consumption of food and beverage.
- Safe physical distance signage for seating.
- All furniture has been strategically placed to ensure 6-foot distance.
- Mask requirement enforced.
- Hand sanitation stations throughout the office.