Get in Touch + Where to Find Us
- Our office hours are Monday through Friday, 8am – 4:30pm ET with occasional evening events/workshops and employer info sessions (check Handshake for the latest schedule updates).
- Drop Ins! Purposeful Work is available every day, Monday through Friday, to review resumes, cover letters, and answer any questions. Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org by 3pm and we’ll respond by 4:30 pm that same day.
Schedule a Meeting
- To schedule an individual meeting, make an appointment via Handshake directly (login to Handshake, go to the upper tab “Career Center” and then click “Appointments”) or call us at (207) 786-6232. You have the option to select one of the following mediums:
- Zoom (we will send a link to your Bates email)
- Phone (please provide a phone number in the Handshake notes or over the phone)
- Once you’ve scheduled…
- For any appointment medium: Check your email or Google Calendar for the meeting invitation detailing your counselor’s name and phone number, as well as applicable meeting links.
Purpose and Your Club
You’re in a club for a reason. Maybe you’re interested in the content or activities, maybe you’re deeply aligned with the club’s mission. Maybe you want to make connections with like-minded people, or maybe you just joined to have fun. Whatever the reason, there’s a purpose behind your membership. We can help you explore your purpose, maybe uncovering more connections than you realize!
In your club, you’re learning and utilizing skills that have real-world applicability. We’re here to help you articulate those skills and incorporate your experience into your personal story so you can leverage them in a cover letter, resume, interview, or alumni connection. Contact email@example.com to learn more about how we can help enhance your experience as well as the experience of your club!
Club Collaboration – We can help you…
- Bring in Speakers – We can help you make alumni connections and bring relevant speakers to talk to your clubs
- Add Club Experience To Your Resume – We can help you articulate the value of your leadership or membership in your club to help you stand out in a resume, cover letter or interview!
- Define Transferable, Career-Related Skills – We can help analyze and define your skills and the ways in which they transfer to the “real world.”
- Craft Workshops or Make Individual Appointments – We offer workshops as well as individual appointments. Contact us to plan a visit with your club or set up an appointment for yourself!
Where to Find Us
Please only come to 146 Wood Street (Canham House) or our space in Chase Hall if you have a previously scheduled in-person appointment.
146 Wood Street AND Chase Hall, First Floor | Lewiston, ME | 04240
207-786-6232 | firstname.lastname@example.org