CLEAR Health Pass
As part of the entry requirements for Bates College events, eligible attendees must provide proof of vaccination to enter Reunion Weekend activities. View all event health protocols in the FAQ.
We have partnered with CLEAR Health Pass to provide easy proof of COVID-related health insights for a seamless experience. For the most efficient entry possible, all attendees are encouraged to sign up for CLEAR and complete their health screening before arriving.
To complete your Health Pass, you can scan our QR code here, or visit clear.app.link/BATES. More complete instructions are provided below as well.
Full instructions on how to complete your Health Pass
We estimate that the entire process will take you 20 minutes. We recommend starting this process at least twenty-four hours before the event.
- Download the CLEAR – Fast, Touchless Access app on your smartphone and tap the white Health Pass tile.
- If you don’t already have a CLEAR account, you will be asked to create one. Creating an account requires a confirmed email address and a password of your choice.
- Once in your account, navigate to Events, then scroll to the bottom for Venue, and select Bates College, or visit one of our deep links below, or use one of the QR codes above with your phone’s camera.
- For vaccination confirmation: clear.app.link/BATES
- Continue enrolling by verifying your identity with a photo scan of an ID such as a driver’s license or passport, and a quick selfie. You will need to place your ID on a dark surface for the scan.
- Follow the prompts within the app to verify that you are up to date on your COVID vaccinations. You will be asked to scan your CDC vaccine card, and to input the manufacturer, date, and health care provider for each of your vaccinations.
- Before you arrive on campus, reopen the Health Pass tile and produce your pass. Green is good to go!
If you have any questions about enrolling in CLEAR, please reach out to email@example.com or tap Get In Touch in the app for assistance.
What is Health Pass by CLEAR?
Health Pass is a service on the CLEAR app that connects your verified identity with a digital vaccine validation for access to venues and events requiring COVID-19 vaccinations for entry.
How does CLEAR use my data?
Where can I get step-by-step instructions for how to enroll and use Health Pass by CLEAR?
Complete instructions for how to enroll and use Health Pass are available on the Health Pass by CLEAR website.
Who can use Health Pass?
Currently, anyone eighteen or older with a US state ID, driver’s license, US or international passport (excluding OFAC countries), or permanent resident ID is eligible for a CLEAR membership and to use Health Pass. There is no charge to use Health Pass, but you must enroll in CLEAR to use it.
How do I enroll fully-vaccinated visitors who are under eighteen in Health Pass?
Parents and guardians, follow these steps to set up Health Pass for fully-vaccinated students and other visitors accompanying you who are under eighteen years of age. (Unvaccinated family members and guests, including children not eligible for a COVID-19 vaccination, are not permitted to attend indoor events at the college this fall.)
- First, complete the steps above to create your own CLEAR account and Health Pass.
- Click the account icon on the bottom right-hand corner.
- Select “Minor Accounts.”
- Add in the minor’s email address, set up their account, and have them snap a selfie.
Once you have set up an account for each minor accompanying you, they need to:
- Download CLEAR on their smartphone.
- Log in with the email and password that you (the parent or guardian) set up.
- Verify their identity with a quick selfie.
- Follow the prompts to verify their vaccination by scanning their CDC Vaccination Card or link to your vaccination provider.
- Before they arrive on campus, reopen Health Pass to receive a green pass and be ready to show it for entry to the event.
Why does CLEAR keep asking me to take a selfie?
Your selfie is used to verify your identity. This ensures that no one else can use your CLEAR app or your vaccine data to generate a Health Pass. That verification is good for twelve hours. If you need to show your Health Pass again after that twelve-hour window, CLEAR will ask you for another selfie to ensure you’re still you.
I already have a photo of my vaccination card on my phone. How do I add that to my Health Pass?
CLEAR requires a new photo of your vaccination card. It will not allow you to access your phone’s camera, and may not recognize a photocopy, so please make sure you have the original card with you when you set up your account. You do NOT, however, need to bring the original card with you to the event. A photo or a photocopy will work as your backup.
I got an error when I tried to upload my vaccination card. What did I do wrong?
Please check to make sure you are scanning your original vaccination card, not a copy. Next, check to make sure you clicked on the white Health Pass tile to add your vaccination card—NOT on the blue Digital Vaccine Card tile. Clicking on the blue tile will create an error. Finally, try switching your background—CLEAR will have an easier time scanning the card on a dark background that gives a clear contrast between the background and the card. If you are still having trouble, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 855-CLEARME.
My Health Pass is red, can I still attend the event?
Please make sure you have correctly uploaded your CDC vaccine card and entered your vaccine information. If the pass is still red, you will be asked to provide physical proof of your vaccination (i.e., a CDC vaccination card and ID) when you arrive at the event. If you are unable or unwilling to provide proof of vaccination, you will not be permitted to enter the event space.
I am having trouble downloading Health Pass by CLEAR or uploading my vaccination information, what should I do?
For help with downloading or using the Health Pass by CLEAR app, you can reach out to the CLEAR team by calling 855-CLEARME, tapping “Get In Touch” in the app, or email them at email@example.com.
I don’t have a smartphone, is there another way that I can prove I’ve been vaccinated in order to attend events at Bates?
For those without smartphones, we will also accept CDC vaccination cards or photos of vaccination cards along with valid state or federal ID.
How can I link proof of vaccination digitally?
- Select your vaccine provider in the menu or by searching ‘other providers’. Log-in to your patient portal and follow instructions to securely link your account with CLEAR. The CLEAR app is integrated with select healthcare providers and pharmacies.
- If you are unable to find your provider in the search, CLEAR may not be able to link with them at this time.
- Check that your COVID-19 vaccine appears in your patient portal, if not we recommend that you reach out to your provider directly.
- If found, your results will link automatically and it may take up to one hour to verify your results within Health Pass – do not try to resync your results
How can I link proof of vaccination with a SMART QR Code?
Tap ‘SMART QR Code’ and follow the prompts to upload your QR code. Once confirmed, proceed to open your Health Pass