Vehicle Reservation Form
Bates College has two vans that are available for recognized student groups to sign out. Our two vans can accommodate eleven people. Van 1 is available for free for a maximum of five hours and Van 2 can be reserved for $30 for five hours or $60 for a 24-hour block. A gas usage fee of .45/mile will be charge to your account. Drivers must be van certified by Bates Security & Campus Safety to drive college owned or rented vehicles.
For alternate accommodations, U-Save by Larry Stewart’s gives Bates affiliates discounted rates on 12 passenger van rentals. Please note that to reserve U-Save vans, drivers must be van certified by Bates Security & Campus Safety. For more information please visit their website or call (207) 353-4133.
- Vehicle Policies:
- Bates College vehicles cannot be reserved for extended periods by any department, including for academic coursework and field trips. Similarly, we encourage student groups who are using van 1 for overnight trips to place reservations 3 weeks in advance.
- Van 1 may be reserved for free for a maximum of 5 hours.
- Van 2 may be reserved for $30 for up to 5 hours or $60 for up to 24 hours.
- CHECK VEHICLE AVAILABILITY HERE
- If there isn’t a reservation listed, you may submit a reservation. Be advised, however, that the calendar is subject to change at the last minute and vehicles may be unavailable without a reservation listed.
- Potential Fees and Driver Responsibility:
- The driver and reserving party are responsible up to the $1000 insurance deductible in the case of collision damage. Failure to return the vehicle on time will result in loss of vehicle reserving privileges.
- “Please make sure you return the vehicle on time and pick up after yourself to avoid additional van fees. Also, please print, fill out the attached checklist and present to security upon returning keys. Your account will be charged .45/mile for gas. You are also responsible for paying all tolls associated with your reservation and you will be assessed toll violation fees if you do not pay your tolls. If you use the EZ Pass found in the vehicle, we will charge your account for toll charges associated with your trip once we receive the bill. If you are part of a department or club you should be able to receive reimbursement for gas if you save the receipt.” If a toll violation incurs, responsible parties will be charged for the toll along with the fee associated with the violation. Gas and toll costs can be submitted for reimbursement through your organization or department.
- Keys for the vehicles are picked up in the Security Office, and the vehicles are parked close to the Security building.
- VEHICLE RESERVATIONS ARE PROCESSED MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY 8AM – 3PM. Reservations received outside these times will be processed the next class day. Reservations must be made at least 48 hours (during the week) prior to the time when the vehicle is needed. Exceptions may be made in emergency situations.
- Reservation is not complete until receipt of confirmation is received. Please contact the Bates Transportation Coordinator, Kevin Plaisted email@example.com, with any questions.