File a Report with Local Law Enforcement


In addition to reporting to the college, individuals may wish to file a criminal complaint with law enforcement.  You may call the Lewiston Police Department at 207-784-6421 or go directly to the police station located at 171 Park Street, Lewiston. You may also contact any of the following for assistance with filing a criminal complaint:  the Title IX Officer, Gwen Lexow; Campus Security; the Sexual Assault Victim Advocate (SAVA), Kelly Gorman; Sexual Assault Prevention and Response Services (SAPARS).  Individuals are NOT required to file a criminal complaint.



Maine law enables victims of domestic or dating abuse, sexual assault, stalking, or other forms of harassment to obtain both short-term emergency protection and, after hearing, long-term protection. Individuals can petition the court for either a Protection from Abuse  or Protection from Harassment Order. For more information on how to petition for a civil protection order, you may speak with the SAVA (207-753-6996) or with SAPARS (877-527-8644).