The Title IX Team
Who We Are
Title IX Officer
Gwen Lexow, Director of Title IX and Civil Rights Compliance: 207-786-6445 | Lane Hall 202A
Deputy Title IX Coordinator for Students
Erin Foster Zsiga, Senior Associate Dean of Students: 207-786- 6215 | Lane Hall 104 and Chase Hall 220
Deputy Title IX Coordinator for Faculty
Aslaug Asgeirsdottir, Assoc. Dean of the Faculty: 207-786- 6472 | Lane Hall 120
Deputy Title IX Coordinator for Staff
Melissa Benoit, Manager of HR Partner Services and Deputy to the AVP for HR, EH&S: 207-786-6935 | 215 College Street
Deputy Title IX Coordinator for Athletics
How We Can Help
We can help you:
- Obtain confidential support and connect you with resources;
- Access protective measures such as No Contact Orders;
- By arranging for supportive measures, such as academic, housing, work, or transportation changes or remedies;
- By responding to allegations of retaliation;
- File a criminal complaint with local law enforcement; and
- By providing clear and accurate information regarding our policies and procedures and your rights under the Sexual Misconduct and Harassment Policy and Title IX.
The Title IX Team is trained to receive, respond to, and resolve all reports of sexual misconduct, harassment and gender-based discrimination that affect Bates community members.
Our role is to eliminate, prevent, and redress all known instances of sex- and gender-based misconduct, including sexual violence, stalking, and relationship violence.
We are charged with investigating and resolving reported misconduct and other gender-equity concerns; supporting the people involved; implementing measures to maintain campus safety; and promoting everyone’s ability to live and learn in an environment free from sex- or gender-based discrimination.