PE/ATH: Friends of Bates Athletic Agents (S9986B)
Summary, Scope, and Responsibilities
The student Agent performs basic event and clerical duties, however he or she is also asked to organize and conduct independent projects.
Specific responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
- Filing, Photocopying, Faxing, Typing, Scanning
- Making and answering phone calls
- Mailing and on campus mail delivery
- Ordering and inventory maintenance of office supplies and merchandize
- Athletic event support including development, execution, and attendance
- Marketing and representing Bates student athletes
- Research, surveying and reporting on athletic conference data
- Maintaining social media content
- Other clerical work as requested
- Conduct independent projects as assigned
Department: Physical Education / Athletics
Supervisor: Susan Harriman
Office Location: Alumni House
Pay Grade: B
Qualifications, Requirements, and Responsibilities
The student must be organized, responsible, dependable, and have great time management skills and creativity. He or she must have previous experience on a varsity or club sports team. The student must have experience in clerical/office work, database use, and web skills.
Student reports to Assistant Director of Athletics/SWA Sue Harriman, and will work closely with Athletic Department Staff and fellow interns, Bates student athletes, Alumni and Parent Engagement Staff, FBA alumni volunteers and donors, fellow Alumni and Parent Engagement interns.
Office environment includes office, athletic facilities and fields. Students will have to walk across campus as requested or travel to athletic events. Nights and weekend work on and off campus in a variety of weather conditions. Students will use fax machines, photocopier, computer, telephone, scanner, camera, golf cart and assorted athletic equipment.