ILS: Digital Media Guide (S9608B)
Summary, Scope, and Responsibilities
The Digital Media Guide provides evening and weekend support in the Digital Media Studios.
In this role, the incumbent will answer basic digital media production questions and provide basic troubleshooting for lab users while staffing the Digital Media Desk within the DMS.
Responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
- Answer basic questions regarding digital media production.
- Assist in basic troubleshooting at the Digital Media Studios iMac lab and edit suites.
- Elevate complex issues to appropriate Digital Media Studios professional staff.
Department: Information and Library Services
Supervisor: Colin Kelley
Office Location: 120 Pettigrew
Pay Grade: B
Qualifications, Requirements, and Responsibilities
• Experience with Final Cut X, Adobe Premiere, Handbrake - particularly in the production of video essays or other academic digital media assignments
• An interest in digital media production and an aptitude and interest in technology
• A positive attitude when under pressure
• Customer service experience
• Ability to work with minimal supervision during evening and weekends
• Reports to Digital Media Studios Manager
• Desk job for 75% of time.