OIE: Fellow (S9601C)
Summary, Scope, and Responsibilities
OIE Fellows will play an integral student leadership role within the office and across campus by creating programming, managing the OIE space, and completing administrative tasks.
Through programming, OIE Fellows will promote academic excellence and build community for all students with a particular focus on students from underrepresented populations. OIE Fellows will work closely with staff to design and implement workshops and programs in the following areas: the first gen experience, academic success, cultural events, community building, and alumni engagement.
Through two weekly shifts, OIE Fellows, will be responsible for acting as hosts of the OIE and managing the space. This includes ensuring that students use the space appropriately, and that the OIE is in presentable condition after the shift, which will require cleaning and putting things away. OIE Fellows will also complete administrative tasks and errands as assigned by staff.
- Complete training
- Act as OIE liaison throughout the Bates community
- Regular meetings with OIE Staff
- Work collaboratively with other OIE Fellows and Staff
- Design and execute programs individually and in teams
- Complete office tasks such as: running errands,updating website and social media, hanging posters, printing and copying materials, etc.
- Complete space management tasks such as having students sign in, answering questions, ensuring students clean up after themselves, etc.
- Complete clean up tasks such as running the dishwasher, closing windows, putting furniture back in its place, and general cleaning.