ATH: Nordic Ski Instructor ()
Summary, Scope, and Responsibilities
All Physical Education Instructors must be able to do the following:
- Take attendance for each class so that students can receive PE credit.
- Take care of any equipment used for class. This includes properly storing and locking equipment after class.
- Find replacements to teach your class if you are unable to teach due to illness.
- Keep up on current information and research on techniques and health issues.
- Act as a professional, teaching correct techniques, form, and proper exercise habits.
Supervisor: Jon Furbush
Office Location: Alumni Gym 53
Hours: 2 per week
Qualifications, Requirements, and Responsibilities
The Nordic Ski Instructor must be an advanced cross country skier. Previous experience teaching individuals how to ski is a plus.
We're looking for a student who is an experienced Nordic skier and would be interested in teaching other Bates students how to cross country ski.