Sustainable Bates: Green Bike Program Coordinator ()
Summary, Scope, and Responsibilities
The Green Bike Program Coordinator is responsible for running the Green Bike Program, which includes 20+ bikes for students to use as a shared resource, a hike garage with full array of tools and stands, and orientation/events for people who want to participate. The GBP Coordinator will work with the Manger of Campus Sustainability to run the program this year, and other students to transition the GBP from an Office of Sustainability program to a student-led program/club starting in 2012-2013.
Work campus-wide and frequently use bike tools.
Specific responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
- Posting fliers and posters
- Organizing events (assisting with orientation workshop; free tune ups for faculty/staff/students; ride your bike to work day; etc.)
- Email communications
- Peer to peer dialogs
- Meetings with bike program members/interested students to form student club/program
- Setting up a listserve for members and posting regular reminders/check-ins
- Other means of outreach as necessary.
- Managing the Bike Garage may involve:
- Inventorying, labeling, organizing and keeping track of all tools
- Fixing up and painting the walls
- Managing the Fleet of Bikes will involve:
- Assembling and painting new bikes
- Making sure all bikes are tuned up and ready for the orientation workshop
- Putting bikes out on campus
- Tracking and monitoring bikes weekly and submitting a report
- Maintaining and fixing bikes as needed throughout the semester
- Collecting all bikes at the end of the semester and returning them to the bike garage.
How to Apply:
Click on the link below