Getting a Job On-Campus
Everything You Need To Know:
- Handshake is your access point for viewing and applying for all on-campus jobs and many off-campus jobs and internships. Just use your Bates email username and password to login! Here are some handy Handshake Tips& Tricks
- Handshake access for incoming students is granted in August, the summer before their freshman year, and never has to be renewed. If you are a freshman, wait until you receive an email from the Student Employment Office before trying to login.
- Here are 8 Things to Know About Work-study and more information about Federal Work Study
- All campus jobs are open to all students, regardless of work study eligibility.
- You will need a cover letter and resume to apply for all jobs on Handshake. If you need help with creating these please consult with the Center for Purposeful Work. They are here to help!
- Are you an International Student? Check out our Information for International Students
- More questions about student employment? See our FAQ for Students.
- Only once you are hired can you stop by the Student Employment Office and fill out the required documents to receive your Bates Work Authorization. No authorization, no working! You will need to bring these original documents with you to the Student Employment Office.
- Fill out your electronic timesheet bi-weekly on Garnet Gateway. Be sure to submit these before 11:59 pm the second Saturday of the pay period. We recommend students submit their timesheets after their last shift of the pay period.
- As tax season gets closer, make sure you have the required forms found on Garnet Gateway.