Getting a Job On-Campus
Everything You Need To Know:
- Information available for students eligible for Federal Work Study.
- Get to know Handshake; it will be your access point for viewing and applying to any job on-campus!
- Handshake account access will go live August 1st! You can log in with your Bates credentials.
- All campus jobs are open to all students, regardless of work study eligibility.
- You will need a cover letter and resume for applying for jobs on Handshake. If you need help with creating these please consult with the Center for Purposeful Work.
- Crush your interview with our awesome faculty and staff supervisors.
- You’re hired! Stop by the Student Employment Office and fill out the required documents to receive your Bates Work Authorization. No authorization, no working!
- Check the original documents you should bring with you to the Student Employment Office.
- Fill out your electronic timesheet bi-weekly on Garnet Gateway. It will be the only way you’ll be rewarded for your hard work!
- As tax season gets closer, make sure you have the required forms found on Garnet Gateway.