Core Values of Writing at Bates
All members of Writing at Bates, both the professional staff and the peer Writing and Speaking Assistants, have committed to these shared core values:
1. We are a community of practice.
2. Writing is thinking; speaking is thinking.
3. The scholarly conversation requires us to ask questions, test our beliefs,
and rethink and revise our ideas.
4. We believe in the power of collaborative learning and teaching.
5. We want writers and speakers to gain self-reliance and independence.