Writing Specialists welcome inquiries from students, faculty, and staff who want to learn more about critical thinking, writing well, and incorporating writing into courses.
- Individual writing consultations for academic writing; for graduate school, fellowship, grant and job applications; and for creative writing and journalism
- Support for senior thesis and capstone experiences
- In-house workshops on topics of concern to writers of all stages and backgrounds.
For Faculty and Staff
- Advice and resources to support course development and teaching practices
- In-class and in-house workshops on writing and teaching writing
- Individual writing consultations to support faculty scholarship, including grant proposals, conference papers, articles, chapters, and other writing projects
To make an appointment with a Writing Specialist, please visit BatesReach and find them under Services.