Welcome to the IT Help Desk!
The IT Help Desk is the central location for all IT related support and questions. If you are looking for an answer to a problem, start here:
- Check out our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
- You can search our FAQs or browse through the different categories.
- If you are unable to find your answer, submit a service request.
- This service is only available to current Faculty, Staff, and Students.
- Anyone may also create a service request by emailing the IT Help Desk.
Wednesday, April 25, 2018 | 1:30pm – 2:30pm | Virtual
Registration is required. | Receiving a Permissions Error?
Training Tip of the Week – Access Voicemail from the Web (04/20/2018)
Telephone – Access Voicemail From the Web
Friday, April 20, 2018
Do you sometimes wish there was a convenient way to access your Bates Voicemail Messages without having to use your telephone? Or how about receiving an email or text (SMS) message when a voicemail message is left for you. Through the web interface; Bates VoiceMail Manager* you can!!
To access Bates VoiceMail Manager, with your web browser of choice, just browse to https://voicemail.bates.edu and log in with your mailbox number (telephone extension) and security code (same security code you use when accessing voicemail from your telephone).
Once logged in to Bates VoiceMail Manager, You Can –
- Manage your Inbox and Messages
- Configure your Voicemail Settings
- Setup Message Notifications
- Change your Greetings
- Enable/Disable your Out-of-Office Greeting
- Change your Security Code
- Plus Much More!!
Enabling Your Out-of-Office Greeting:
- In the left menu bar, click on the Personal Setting link
- Under the Recordings tab, locate the Enable Greeting section
- Place a checkmark in the checkbox next to Enable Out-of-Office Greeting
- Click on the Save button (upper left of the Recordings window/tab)
Changing Your Message Playback Settings:
This setting will only change how messages are played back to you through the Bates VoiceMail Manager interface. This setting will not change any playback settings when accessing your voicemail from a telephone.
- In the left menu bar, click on the VoiceMail Manager Settings link
- Under the Playback tab, locate the Telephone Settings section
- In the Telephone Number box, enter your four digit extension
- Under the Playback Settings, choose Telephone, Streaming Media, or Download
- Telephone – When listening to a message, your office extension will be called and the message will be played through your telephone handset or speakerphone
- Streaming Media – If your web browser is compatible, you will be able to listen to your messages directly from your computer speakers
- Download – Your voicemail message will be downloaded to your computer in a .WAV audio format
- Click on the Save button (upper left of the Playback window/tab)
Receiving an Email or Text Message Notification for New Voicemail Messages:
- In the left menu bar, click on the Notification Settings link
- Under the E-mail tab, update the following settings:
- Place a checkmark in the checkbox next to Enable Short Message Service (SMS)
- From the drop-down menu for SMS Provider, select SMTP Notification
- In the Options section
- Select your Notify Status (All is recommended)
- Place a checkmark in the checkbox next to Include Voice Msgs for Message Types
- In the Time section
- Choose your notification Hours and Days
- In the Contact Details section
- Leave Mobile Phone Number blank
- In the E-Mail Address, type in the email address(s) of where you want to receive your notification
- To add additional email addresses, separate each email address with a “,” (comma)
- To have a notification sent to your mobile phone, use the following email address
- Click on the Save button (upper left of the E-mail window/tab)
When you are done accessing Bates VoiceMail Manager, don’t forget to Logout (upper right side of the Bates VoiceMail Manager window).
*Bates VoiceMail Manager is not compatible with mobile devices.
Meetings and Collaboration
Stand Up Collaborative Meetings: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 9:00am to 9:15am at the IT Help Desk in The George and Helen Ladd Library.
Weekly Staff Meeting: Wednesday’s from 3:00pm to 4:00pm at an off-site location.