Windows XP: Connection to Windows Updates
Windows XP allows you to connect to the Windows Update Service so that you can download and install all critical security and performance updates. Depending on your computer’s configuration you may need to run the Windows Update more than one time.
A. Connect to Windows Update:
- Click Start >All Programs> Windows Updates
- Your computer will automatically connect to the Update site
or open Internet Explorer, under Tools, click Windows Updates (this page will display while you have CCAA temporary access)
B. Select Installation Method:
- The update site will offer you two options: Express Install and Custom Install
- Select Express Install
C. Install Updates:
- The Update site will automatically determine the necessary updates and patches for your system.
- Select Install
D. Restart Your Computer:
- To complete the update process, you may be prompted to restart your machine
- Click Restart Now