Removing and Adding a Network Printer to Windows
A. To remove a printer:
- Click on the Start button.
- Click on Printers and Faxes (Windows XP) or Devices and Printers (Windows 7).
- Right click on the printer you would like to remove
- Choose Delete (Windows XP) or Remove device (Windows 7).
- Click yes to “are you sure you want to delete…”
B. To add a new network printer:
- Click on the Start button
- Select Run (Windows XP) or in the Search programs and files field (Windows 7).
- Type \\lincoln.bates.edu (for administrative printers) or \\canton.bates.edu (for academic printers) then click OK.
NOTE: For personal computers it is necessary to enter the complete path in order to see the list of printers, i.e. \\canton.bates.edu then login with BCIS\username and your network password
- Select a printer that is most conveniently located.
- Printers are listed by building and closest room.
- Double click on the printer you wish to install.
- After it finishes “connecting”…
- Close any open windows and then repeat the steps to add any other printers you want.
C. To setup your default printer:
- Return to the list of printers (see steps A-1 – A-2).
- To set a preferred printer right click on the printer of your choice from the list.
- Select Set as Default Printer.
About anti-virus back-to-school bradford certificates connecting contact FAQ's file sync firefox forms Gmail groups help install ios iphone ldap lists macintosh paris password pdf podium presentation remote access scanning security setup sophos thunderbird tips user-guide visitors web windows wireless