Removing and Adding a Network Printer to Windows
A. To remove a printer:
- Click on the Start button.
- Click on Devices and Printers.
- Right click on the printer you would like to remove
- Choose Remove device.
- Click yes to “are you sure you want to delete…”
B. To add a new network printer:
- Click on the Start button
- In the Search programs and files field type \\lincoln (for administrative printers) or \\hudson (for academic printers) then press the Enter key.
NOTE: For personal computers it is necessary to enter the complete path in order to see the list of printers, i.e. \\hudson.bates.edu then login with BCIS\username and your network password
- Select a printer that is most conveniently located.
- Printers are listed by building and closest room.
- Double click on the printer you wish to install.
- After it finishes “connecting”…
- Close any open windows and then repeat the steps to add any other printers you want.
C. To setup your default printer:
- Return to the list of printers (see steps A-1 – A-2).
- To set a preferred printer right click on the printer of your choice from the list.
- Select Set as Default Printer.