Migrating Mail from Bates Gmail to a Personal Gmail Account
Please note that ALL messages will be transferred from your Bates account to your personal account. Every message (except for SPAM and Trash) will be put in your inbox and WILL NOT retain their original labels. This includes sent messages.
- Log in to your personal Gmail Account
- Click on the gear icon in the upper right, then select Settings
- Go to the Accounts tab
- Find Check mail from other accounts section and click on Add a POP3 mail account you own
- In the pop up box, type in the email address of the account from which you want to transfer messages (email@example.com)
- Click on Next Step
- Enter the mail settings in the pop up box.Username: FULL Bates email address
Password: Network Password (Bates email password)POP Server: click Other. Add pop.gmail.com
DO NOT check Leave a copy of retrieved message on the server
- Click Add Account
- Click No when it asks if you would like to be able to send mail as firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click Finish
Gmail will begin to transfer your Bates emails to your personal account. Depending on the amount of emails you have, the process may take a while. A new label will appear as email@example.com that will label all of your Bates messages.
Gmail will periodically check your Bates account for new messages once this process is complete.