Backup Bates Google Data using Takeout
Google Takeout allows you to backup your entire Bates Gmail account. This includes email messages, contacts, calendar entries, all Google Drive files and documents, YouTube videos and Google Photos.
Backing up your Data
- Login to your Bates email account. http://email.bates.edu
- From your Bates inbox, go to the address http://www.google.com/takeout/
- To make sure you will be backing up the right account, in the upper right corner, click on the blue silhouette circle and verify that you are logged into your @bates.edu account.
- Click the “Create an archive” button.
- Check off all of the services you would like to archive.
- Click “Create Archive”.
- You will be notified by email once the Archive has been created. This can take several hours depending on how much data you have.
- Google Takeout FAQ: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/3024190?hl=en
- How do I access the information in the the Archive files? https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/3024190?hl=en