Welcome to the IT Help Desk!
The IT Help Desk is the central location for all IT related support and questions. If you are looking for an answer to a problem, start here:
- Check out our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
- You can search our FAQs or browse through the different categories.
- If you are unable to find your answer, submit a service request.
- This service is only available to current Faculty, Staff, and Students.
- Anyone may also create a service request by emailing the IT Help Desk.
Training Tip of the Week – Updating your Security Question
Garnet Gateway – Updating your Security Question
Thursday, March 23, 2017
Do you know the answer to your Garnet Gateway Security Question? Knowing the answer to your Garnet Gateway Security Question can help you reset your Garnet Gateway PIN and save yourself a trip or phone call to the Bates College IT Help Desk.
To update your Garnet Gateway Security Question and Answer:
- Login to the Garnet Gateway
- Expand the Account & Access Menu Box
- Click on the Garnet Gateway link under Security
- Click the Change Security Question button
- Enter your current Garnet Gateway PIN
- Select a Security Question from the drop-down menu
- Provide an Answer to your Security Question
- Click the Submit button
The next time you forget your Garnet Gateway PIN:
- Access the Garnet Gateway Login Page
- Enter your Garnet Gateway User ID
- Click on the Forgot PIN button
- Provide the answer to your Security Question
- Click on the Submit button
- You will then prompted to create a new Garnet Gateway PIN
Meetings and Collaboration
Stand Up Collaborative Meetings: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 9:00am to 9:15am at the IT Help Desk in The George and Helen Ladd Library.
Weekly Staff Meeting: Wednesday’s from 3:00pm to 4:00pm at an off-site location.