How do I change my Bates Network Password?
To change your Bates Network Password, you must log in to Password Manager and log in with your current credentials. If your password has expired, you have up to 30 days to log in to Password Manager and change your password. Once your password has expired and the 30 day grace period has lapsed, you must contact the Bates College Help Desk, in which a support representative will verify your identity, sponsor your account, and provide you with a temporary password/token to log in.
To access Password Manager
- Open a web browser, and navigate to the Bates website at www.bates.edu.
- Scroll to the bottom of the webpage and click on the A-Z Index.
- Navigate to the "P" category.
- Locate and click on the Password Manager link.
- Log into Password Manager with your existing Bates Username and Password.
- Once logged in, click on the Change Password link located in the User Menu.
- When you have changed/updated your password, make sure to Log Out of Password Manager.
Your password will now be active for 365 days, and then will expire. You may log in to Password Manager at any time before the 365 days to change your password. Please remember that no one, including Information and Library Services Staff, will ever have a legitimate reason to ask for another person’s password whether in person, on the phone, or via e-mail.