How do I Backup/Synchronize my Bookmarks and Settings in Google Chrome?
In the Google Chrome browser there is a great, sometimes little-known about feature that lets you synchronize your Google Chrome bookmarks, settings, autofill information, and even your open tabs with other devices where you use the Google Chrome browser.To Enable the Google Chrome Browser Sync Setting:
- Open your Google Chrome browser
- In the top right, click on the 3 vertical lines/dots/or you may have an informational symbol represented with a “!”.
- From the drop-down menu, click on Settings
- Under the Sign in section, click Sign in to Chrome
- Type in your Bates Email Address, then click on Next
- You may be prompted to enter your Bates Email Address a second time on the Google Chrome Sign In webpage. Type in your Bates Email Address and click on Next.
- Sign in with your Bates Username and Password
- To customize your sync settings, click the Advanced Sync Settings… button
- You can choose what information to share across other devices where you’re signed in to Google Chrome. We highly recommend syncing your Bookmarks, which will also back them up.
- Click on the OK button when you are done customizing your settings
- Close out of the Settings tab
- Restart your Google Chrome browser