G Suite – Managing Contacts
Have you ever looked at your Bates G Suite Contacts and wondered why you have so many contacts collected and how they got there?
There is an option in your Bates Gmail account that is set as the default option and will automatically add someone to your Bates G Suite Contacts that you email for the first time (When I send a message to a new person, add them to Other Contacts so that I can auto-complete to them next time). The following two tips will explain how you change that option and how to find and merge duplicate contacts.
Disabling the Automatic Adding of Contacts:
- Login to your Bates G Suite Account:
- On your computer, open your Bates Gmail account from within a web browser and login
- On the top-right, click on the Settings Gear
- From the drop-down menu, click Settings
- From the General tab, scroll-down to the Create contacts for auto-complete section and clickon the radio button for the I’ll add contacts myself option
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the Save Changes button
Accessing your Contacts and Finding & Merging Duplicates:
- While in your Bates Gmail account, click on the G Suite App Launcher, located on the top-right, and click on the Contacts icon to view your Bates G Suite Contacts
- You may need to scroll down your list of Apps to see the Contacts icon
- On the top-left of your contacts list, you will see a More button, click on the button to reveal a drop-down menu with additional options
- Click on the Find and merge duplicates… option
- A window will pop-up with a list of contacts that contain duplicate information. Click on the Merge button to merge the individual contacts containing duplicate data