G Suite – Events Automatically Added to Calendar (IT Training Tip)
Have you ever noticed that G Suite Calendar Events sometimes randomly appear on your G Suite Calendar that corresponds to an email message you have received? This is a feature of your G Suite account that monitors your Bates Gmail for flight, concert, or restaurant reservations, then automatically adds them to your G Suite Calendar based on the details of the email message. This can be a very handy feature especially for frequent travelers who book flights and hotel stays and want them added to their calendar. By default, this feature is turned on in your G Suite Calendar settings. If you find this feature to be distracting, a bit too intrusive or something you just don’t have any use for, you can turn it off.
To Disable the Events from Gmail Feature –
Login to your Bates G Suite Account:
- On your computer, open your Bates Gmail account from within a web browser (Recommended: Google Chrome) and login
- While in your Bates Gmail account, click on the G Suite App Launcher, located on the top-right, and click on the Calendar icon to view your Bates G Suite Calendar
- You may need to scroll down your list of Apps to see the Calendar icon
Access your Settings:
- On the top–right, click on the Settings Gear
- From the drop–down menu, click on Settings
- Scroll down to the Events from Gmail section
- Remove the checkmark next to Automatically add events from Gmail to my calendar
- You will receive an Events for Gmail – do not add automatically pop-up warning message, click on OK
- G Suite Calendar will automatically Save your Settings
- On the top-left of your calendar settings window, click on the left arrow next to the word Settings to return to your calendar
Any events that have automatically been added will not automatically be removed once you disable the setting. You will need to delete each of those events manually.