I am a graduating senior (Class of 2019), what do I need to know about my access to my Bates G Suite account, Files and Documents located on Bates Servers and my Bates Username and Password?
Your Bates Username and Password will Expire on Saturday, June 1, 2019, and access to your Bates G Suite Account will be deleted one year after you graduate on Monday, June 1, 2020.
There are several utilities available to you to assist with migrating your Bates G Suite account data to a Personal Google account.
- Utilize the Transfer your content option available from the Home Screen/Dashboard section of the My Account settings for your Bates G Suite Account. This is a free option that you can use to Download your data or Transfer your content to another G Suite account from your Bates G Suite account.
- VaultMe, is an easy-to-use pay option which you can use to copy, transfer, or back up your Bates G Suite Account into another G Suite Account.
If you don’t have your own G Suite account, obtaining one is easy and free. Just visit the Create your Google Account website.
- Update your email address on job and school applications, resumes, and notify family and friends with your new personal email address as soon as possible.
- Change your email address in services such as iTunes, Facebook, other social media sites, shopping websites, such as Amazon, and website subscriptions.
- Change of Address – Setup a Vacation Responder to automatically notify individuals who are trying to contact you of your new email address – you don’t want to miss any messages, especially from potential employers.
- Once your account is deleted, on Monday, June 1, 2020, your vacation responder will no longer automatically reply to individuals who are trying to contact you.
- Forward New Messages – Setup Message Forwarding to automatically send any messages you receive at your Bates email address to another account. This way you don’t have to worry about logging into your Bates Gmail account to check email.
- Once your account is deleted, on Monday, June 1, 2020, message forwarding will no longer automatically forward messages to your personal email account.
Once your Bates Gmail account is deleted, individuals trying to contact you will receive a message that your account no longer exists and the message was not delivered.
Paris, ImagingCenter, ETNA and other Network Files (Access will expire on Saturday, June 1, 2019)
Be sure to copy/move all of your important documents and files that are stored on Bates servers to your computer, Could Storage, or to an external Hard Drive. Your data may exist on servers such as Paris, ETNA, ImagingCenter, China, and Xsan. Once you physically leave campus, you will not be able to access these files.
Uninstall/Remove any network printers you may have installed, such as PERU-Paw-Print or PERU-Paw-Printer-Color.