Duo/Banner 9 Overview and Training for Banner Users
4 Andrews Rd
Lewiston, ME 04240
During this hands-on workshop, you will become familiar with a new security process (Duo) for accessing Banner 9 and will be provided with a Banner 9 Overview and Navigational Introduction.
This 1.5 hour workshop is set up in two parts. During the first part, you will be introduced to the college’s new Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA)/Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) process for accessing Banner 9. You will have the opportunity to configure Duo for your use and set up your SmartPhone/Mobile Device (if applicable) to use the Duo Mobile App. The second part of the workshop will focus on accessing Banner 9, a high-level overview of some of the new and exciting changes will be provided, and navigating through the new Banner 9 interface.
In Addition, you will Learn the Following:
- Multi-Factor/Two Factor Authentication with Duo
- Accessing Banner 9 with Duo MFA/2FA
- Updating your Duo Settings
- Explore the Clean/Fresh Look of Banner 9 Interface
- An Overview of the Banner 9 Application Navigator and Landing Page
- New Banner 9 Terminology
- How to Access and Navigate Pages and Sections
- Keyboard Shortcuts
- Plus Much, Much, More!!
- Participants should be comfortable with utilizing a computer with Microsoft® Windows 7.
- Comfortable with using and navigating websites with a web browser (Google Chrome Preferred).
- Must be a current Banner 8/Banner INB User with an Active Account.
- Knowledge of your Bates Username and Password.
- If you will be using a SmartPhone/Mobile Device (recommended) to authenticate with Duo, please bring your device with you, make sure your device is fully charged, and all updates are current and have been applied.
- Knowledge of your Username and Password for downloading Apps onto your SmartPhone/Mobile Device.
- Knowledge of your seven-digit office telephone number, not just your extension.
Please note, registration is required.
Skill Level: All Skill Levels
Class Limit: 20
Slide Deck: Duo Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) & What’s New with Banner 9
Handouts: Getting Started With Your Administrative Applications, Banner 9 Keyboard Shortcuts Quick Reference Card, Banner 8 Screen Shots (Main Menu & Banner Form – SPAIDEN).