System Status – Campus Printing
Upgrade to Campus Network Printing
On Tuesday, June 13, 2017, we will upgrade the software that manages most campus printing. While this upgrade is taking place, network printing services will not be available. We expect this upgrade to take about half a day, but you should be prepared to not have printing services until the following day.
Friday, June 9, 2017 @ 11:05am
Monday, July 10, 2017 @ 3:52pm
(Update) Thursday, June 15, 2017 @ 12:15pm
Information and Library Services (ILS) continues to work hard at getting all our printing services back to regular operating conditions. While we understand that this message may be confusing due to the amount of information in it, there is a lot of information to share.
- If you have a Multi-Function Printers (MPFs) that is not working right now, it is because certain models need a firmware upgrade. This needs to be done by hand and we will have techs in the field tomorrow working on it.
- Some of the Multi-Function Printers (MPFs)MFP models will prompt for you a User ID and Account ID. If you see this, please use your Bates username as the User ID and Account ID. We believe that problem will be resolved soon.
- The release function is not working, so jobs sent to printers will be immediately released.
If you have any questions or need any clarification about a specific printer, please do not hesitate to Scott Tiner.
(Update) Wednesday, June 14, 2017 @ 1:34pm
Information and Library Services (ILS) is continuing to address any outstanding issues that may have been caused by the recent updates to the college print and release system. As of today, we wish to share the following information with the college community:
- Xerox B/W Multi-Function Printers (MPFs): The Copy, E-mail, Store to USB, and Fax (where available) features are functioning properly. Print jobs sent from desktop or laptop computers may print immediately without the release process.
- Certain Xerox Printers and Color Multi-Function Printers (MFPs): May prompt for a User ID and Account ID, when printing from a Windows computer. As a temporary solution, enter your Bates username in both of those fields. ILS is currently working to resolve the issue with the User ID and Account ID prompt.
- Printers that do not require print jobs to be released are functioning properly.
- All Paw-Print Printers are functioning properly.
(Update) Tuesday, June 13, 2017 @ 5:01pm
Information and Library Services (ILS) worked all day with our vendors on the printing upgrades we notified you about last week. As of right now:
- The printers in computer labs and printers that do not require documents to be released are working as expected.
- The Xerox printers that require releasing documents are printing, but they are doing so without the need for releasing the documents. This means that if you are printing out confidential information it will come directly out of the machine, without you releasing it.
- You should hold off on printing confidential documents until this issue is resolved, or have someone at the printer ready to collect your documents.
Our staff is working with our vendor to resolve this issue. We expect to begin applying the fixes tomorrow. Please contact the IT Help Desk if you encounter any other issues.
|Status Normal||Problems Detected||System Issues/Outage||System Maintenance|
No Issues/Outages Reported