Thesis options for double majors
Students often inquire how they can complete the thesis requirements for their double major. Students have a variety of options.
Students may complete two distinct theses, one for each major. The theses are distinct from one another and may each independently be one or two semesters in length. For each semester of each thesis in each major discipline the student registers for fall thesis (457) and/or winter thesis (458).
Another option is to complete one two-semester interdisciplinary thesis to
complete the requirements for both fields of the double major. Students register for fall thesis (457) in under one department/program and winter thesis (458) under the other department/program. See the memo from the Educational Policy Committee regarding this topic.
Dates & Deadlines
- Februrary 28 – Last day for withdrawal from Winter 2014 semester courses (drops)
- March 8 – 14: Registration for on-campus Short Term 2014 and Fall 2014 semester
- March 21: Petitions due to faculty for Fall 2014 semester courses
- March 28: Student petitions due from faculty for Fall 2014 semester courses
- March 31, 7:00 am: Short Term 2014 and Fall 2014 registration adjustment (add/drop) opens