Welcome, Parents and Families!
Visit the college’s COVID-19 Information page for regular updates about the college’s response to the pandemic.
The resources below will help you access key college resources, get involved with the college, and remind your student where to go for answers.
Have a question that isn’t answered here? Contact us at email@example.com.
Please note: To support the college’s efforts to keep our campus healthy and safe, our team is currently working remotely. Our working hours are still 8am to 4:30pm Eastern. Any emails received will be responded to within one business day. We are also happy to meet with you—whether via Zoom or over the phone —within those times. Our toll-free line (1-888-522-8371) is monitored regularly.
Helping your student return for winter semester
- The latest information on arrival is available here and here.
- This flyer summarizes arrival quarantine protocols.
- Campus Life has information about travel options for those students who need to get to campus from Portland or Boston transportation hubs.
- Consistent with fall arrival, family members who drop off their students by car are not permitted to enter residence halls or other buildings. Family members must also observe all State of Maine travel requirements as well as campus health protocols regarding face coverings and physical distancing.
- College restroom facilities in Chase Hall, Gomes Chapel, and the Ronj will be available to family members on the following days/times: Thursday, Feb. 11 from 10:30am-8:30pm and Friday, Feb. 12 from 10:30am-8:30pm.
Health Services, health protocols, and student support
- Learn about the services provided by Health Services in conjunction with Central Maine Medical Center
- Contact Health Services with your specific questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Learn more about the four quarantine designations at Bates and the care given to students under any kind of quarantine.
- Remind your on-campus student to watch the campus public health videos via Lyceum.
- Counseling & Psychological Services (CAPS) strives to enhance each student’s well-being and provides telehealth opportunities, plus resources on managing mental health during the pandemic.
Dining, Housing, and Campus Life
Academics for new and returning students
Is your student unsure about returning to Bates?
Some students and families may still be considering whether or not returning to campus is the right decision. Students have a number of resources available to help make this decision:
- Student Support Advisors (SSA): Every student at Bates has a SSA who provides personal support and supplemental academic advising.
- Academic Advisors: For first-year students and sophomores who have not yet declared your major, your FYS instructor is your academic advisor. For students who have declared a major, your major advisor is your academic advisor. For students who do not have an academic advisor, the Dean of Faculty’s Office will assign someone who will contact you to discuss any questions you might have.
- Please have your student reach out to email@example.com with questions about switching to remote study.
Staying in touch with Bates
- To keep your information up to date, contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any changes.
- Browse our team’s most recent email updates to parents.
- If you wish to be able to access billing or other information, your student will need to initiate Garnet Gateway access for parents/guardians.
- If your student has already granted you access, you visit the Garnet Gateway login.