Welcome, Parents and Families!
The resources below will help you access key college resources, get involved with the college, and remind your student where to go for answers.
Have a question that isn’t answered here? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: To support the college’s efforts to keep our campus healthy and safe, our team is currently working remotely. Our working hours are still 8am to 4:30pm Eastern. Any emails received will be responded to within one business day. We are also happy to meet with you—whether via Zoom or over the phone —within those times. Our toll-free line (1-888-522-8371) is monitored regularly.
Supporting your incoming student
- Incoming students received access to Garnet Gateway in late May 2021. This online portal is where they will receive rolling updates on forms to complete over the summer. Please encourage your incoming student to check Garnet Gateway and their new Bates email address regularly.
- Please direct your student to the Orientation website for a wealth of information. And, encourage your student to check out their “Summer Resources and Orientation” Lyceum Page to find resources on First-Year Experience programming, course registration support, and academic exploration.
- Questions about tuition dates and payment options? The team at Student Financial Services is extremely helpful.
- The 2021-2022 Residential Calendar has guidance on drop-off dates, school breaks, and more.
- See what’s on the suggested packing list for incoming students, and take a peek into first-year housing.
- We asked current Bates parents for the inside scoop on which items their students really needed. They recommend: extra floor or desk lamps, extension cords, a foam mattress topper, a fan, a small rug, and a single pair of boots that works for both rain and snow. And, current families are nearly unanimous that their students packed too much for their first-year, so remind your student to pack light – you can always send a care package!
Connecting families with Bates
- This year, we will host Back to Bates: Family Day on October 2, 2021. Please keep up-to-date with the ways we will tailor this year’s event to observe campus health protocols.
- Our Summer Family Welcome Series for incoming Class of 2025 families and families of transfer students will run virtually this year. Details and registration links will be emailed out to all incoming families.
- Are you hoping that relaxed pandemic restrictions will mean you can visit campus this coming year? Here are resources on where to stay in the area.
- Not sure if Bates has your correct contact information? Please reach out to email@example.com with your current details.
Health Services, health protocols, and student support
- Learn about the services provided by Health Services in conjunction with Central Maine Medical Center and about how students can access after-hours care.
- This FAQ addresses many common inquiries about the college’s COVID-19 vaccination requirement.
- Counseling & Psychological Services (CAPS) strives to enhance each student’s well-being and provides telehealth opportunities, plus resources on managing mental health during the pandemic.
- As campus health protocols are announced for Fall 2021, we will link them here for easy reference.
Staying in touch with Bates
- To keep your information up to date, contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any changes.
- Browse our team’s most recent email updates to parents. Looking for email updates for incoming Class of 2025 families? They’re right here.
- If you wish to be able to access billing or other information, your student will need to initiate Garnet Gateway access for parents/guardians.
- If your student has already granted you access, visit the Garnet Gateway login.