We’re so excited to announce that Bates will welcome alumni and parents back to campus for events this fall.
We’re doing things a little differently: we’re splitting our typical Back to Bates celebration into two separate events to ensure we can host celebrations that are consistent with fall semester health protocols.
Back to Bates: Family Day
Saturday, October 2, 2021
Thank you, families, for attending!
This event is open to vaccinated family members of the Classes of 2025, 2024, 2023, and 2022. Guests must have a legible photo or photocopy of their vaccine card with them while on campus
Advance registration will be required.
Please read our FAQ for full details and the latest guidelines.
Back to Bates: Big Game Saturday for Alumni
Saturday, October 30, 2021
We continue to monitor the campus situation and will make any changes about Back to Bates: Big Game Saturday for Alumni accordingly.
This event is open to all vaccinated alumni and advance registration will be required. Guests must have a legible photo or photocopy of their vaccine card with them while on campus.
This year, on-campus dining for campus guests will be limited to Brew Fest Grill refreshments. Please read our FAQ for full details and the latest guidelines.
- Guests must have a copy of their vaccination card/proof of vaccination with them on campus at all times. Be prepared to show this information at the Check-In Center.
- No guests inside except marked restrooms at Chase Hall and Merrill Gym.
- Masks required when using indoor restrooms and in outdoor high-density areas, regardless of vaccination status.
- Please maintain physical distance whenever possible.
Campus Safety: 207-786-6254
Emergency Only: 207-786-6111
(if using an on-campus phone, dial 6111.)
Lost and Found
Inquiries about articles lost on campus may be made at the Check-In Center until 3:30 pm
on Saturday. All unclaimed articles will be taken to the Office of Alumni and Family
Engagement. Bates College and the Office of Alumni and Family Engagement are not
responsible for lost or stolen items. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are trying to
locate an item after Saturday.
Parking and Traffic Regulations
Cars may be left overnight on the street and in college parking lots except in posted
areas. Please respect accessible parking signs.
Smoking is prohibited in all campus buildings.
No Dogs Allowed
Only Service Dogs are allowed.
Connecting to the “Bates Open” SSID/ Wireless
- Using your device’s wireless capabilities, connect to the Bates Open SSID.
- Open any web browser; you will automatically be redirected to the Guest Registration page.
- Enter your name and a valid email address.
- Click the Submit button.
- After a 20-second registration process, you will see a Guest Registration Receipt displayed in your web browser with your guest credentials*.
- Click the Login button on the receipt.
You will automatically be redirected to bates.edu.
- Connectivity to outside services is not guaranteed.
Accounts are subject to the Bates Computer Use Policy and the Computing and Electronic Resources Access Policy.
*You will receive a copy of your receipt via email from email@example.com
(handy in case you want to register multiple devices within the next 48 hours)