While on campus this weekend, please feel welcome to use the kiosks in Ladd Library to access the Internet. Wireless Internet access is available from all residence hall rooms, Pettengill Hall, Commons, Dunn Guest House and Ladd Library.
To access WiFi:
- Using your devices’ wireless capabilities, connect to the “Bates Open” network.
- Open any browser — the Guest Registration page will appear.
- Enter your name and email address.
- Click the Submit button.
- After a 20 second registration process, you will se a Guest Registration Receipt with your guest credentials.
- Click the Login button on the receipt. You will be redirection to bates.edu.
- You are now online for 48 hours!
Campus Security: 207-786-6254
Emergency Only: 207-786-6111 (dial 6111 if using an on-campus phone.)
St. Mary’s Regional Medical Center and Central Maine Medical Center are within a mile of campus if you need medical attention during the weekend. Please call Bates Security (6254 from a campus phone, otherwise 207-786-6254) if you need a ride or other assistance.
Lost and Found
Inquiries about articles lost on campus may be made at the Welcome Center until 4pm on Saturday and thereafter at Bates Security, 245 College Street. On Monday, all unclaimed articles will be taken to the Office of Alumni and Parent Engagement. Bates College and the Office of Alumni and Parent Engagement are not responsible for lost or stolen items.
Parking and Traffic Regulations
Cars may be left overnight on the street and in college parking lots except in posted areas. Please respect handicapped parking signs.
Smoking is prohibited in all campus buildings, including meeting rooms and college residence halls. The smoke detection system installed in residence hall rooms and common areas is quite sensitive. If you are using hair spray or other aerosol products, please step away from the smoke detectors in your room.