Summer Newsletter 2012: College Store
Greetings! We pass along our annual reminders to help you kick off the 2012-13 academic year.
- Register for classes, see text titles, pre-order your books for fall. You can see each course’s book list when you register for classes. Click on the link for “Books and Materials” under the course description on the Garnet Gateway. After viewing the required books and materials, you can connect to the bookstore’s website to preorder your books. We will pick them, charge your credit card and have the books ready for you when you arrive on campus!
- For information about our text rental program, please visit our website.
Textbooks and other course-related materials are available at the start of the semester in the Little Room, across the foyer from the store in Chase Hall. We strongly encourage you to check the costs of your course materials via the Garnet Gateway so that you’re prepared when you get to campus.
Credit cards and personal checks are accepted with a student picture ID and campus box number for identification. We cannot accept credit card numbers without the card physically present. However, if your parent/guardian or other bill payer would like to authorize use of a credit card number for text and course supply purchases only, they may fax or mail to the College Store a signed letter of permission with student’s name, credit card number, cardholder’s name, expiration date and cardholder’s daytime phone number:
College Store fax: 207-786-6119
Mailing address: 56 Campus Ave., Lewiston ME 04240
Remember that your parent or guardian’s credit card can be used when placing text orders on line!
It is important to note that your Bates College ID cannot be used as a credit or debit card in the College Store.
Be sure to familiarize yourself with the book-return policy that is attached to your receipt. All returns require a cash register receipt, so make your text purchases carefully and hold on to your receipts!
Among our continuing services:
- International Student ID cards (ISIC) may be purchased at the College Store.
- Semester subscriptions to The New York Times will once again be offered at a reduced rate, Monday-Saturday.
New products (bright colors, great styles!) are arriving daily, so check our website for gift items, titles by Bates authors and current store events, along with other helpful information.
We look forward to seeing you in September!
Next: Communications (Newsletter Update)
Previous: College Advancement (Newsletter Update)
Summer Newsletter 2012
- Changes in Faculty, 2012-13
- African American Studies*
- American Cultural Studies*
- Art and Visual Culture
- Asian Studies
- Athletics* and Physical Education*
- Biological Chemistry*
- Classical & Medieval Studies*
- Educational Studies
- Environmental Studies*
- French and Francophone Studies
- German and Russian Studies
- Physics and Astronomy
- Religious Studies
- Theater and Dance
- Women and Gender Studies
- Writing Workshop* and Learning Commons*
- Career Development Center
- College Advancement
- College Store
- Communications Office
- Dean of the Faculty’s Office*
- Dean of Students Office*
- Dining Services*
- Diversity and Inclusion*
- Environmental Health and Safety Office
- Facility Services
- Harward Center for Community Partnerships
- Information and Library Services
- Key Access
- Multifaith Chaplaincy*
- Off-Campus Study
- Office of the President*
- Registrar and Academic Systems
- Security and Campus Safety
- Student Activities