Vaccine Booster Information for Students

Dear Students,

I write today with important information about how to get a COVID-19 vaccine booster.

Recent guidance from the U.S. CDC encourages everyone ages 18 and older to get a booster shot. As of November 17, all adults age 18 and older in the state of Maine, are eligible to receive a COVID-19 booster shot, regardless of underlying medical conditions, given either of the following criteria: 

• You completed the two-dose Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna vaccine series at least six months ago, OR
  • You have received the single-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine at least two months ago.

Out-of-state students, including international students, who reside in Maine to attend college are eligible for a vaccine booster in Maine. Please take a moment to review the important information below.

Where can I get the most up-to-date information about COVID-19 vaccines and boosters?

The State of Maine maintains a vaccine webpage that is continually updated as information and timelines change. 

Where will I be able to get a vaccine booster appointment?

• Central Maine Medical Center (CMMC) continues to host a vaccine clinic at the Auburn Mall
  • The Auburn Mall clinic is open for appointments and walk-ins for individuals 18 and older Tuesday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. More appointment times may become available depending on vaccine supply.
  • Additional vaccine clinics in Maine are listed here. Bates is highlighting the CMMC clinic due to its high capacity, close proximity to campus, and our clinical relationship with CMMC.

How do I register my booster at the Auburn Mall CMMC clinic?

• Schedule your appointment here. Be sure to complete both the COVID-19 Vaccine Registration Form to confirm your appointment time and the CMH Patient Registration Form to enter in your health insurance information.

What do I need to bring with me to my appointment?

• Your Bates College Student ID
  • Your Photo ID (i.e. driver’s license, passport)
  • Your Health Insurance Card
  • Your COVID-19 Vaccination Card
  • Please wear a shirt that allows access to your upper arm to administer the vaccine

How do I get there?

• The Bobcat Express will provide shuttle service from campus to the Auburn Mall Vaccine Clinic.
  • Students should complete the Bobcat Express Reservation form to reserve a ride to the vaccine clinic. This will allow Campus Safety to plan the appropriate number of shuttles.
  • The Bobcat Express is available Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays, every 30 mins starting at 7:30 a.m. For vaccine boosters, the last shuttle will depart campus at 4:30 p.m. and the final pick up at the Auburn Mall will be at 5:30 p.m.
  • Shuttles will pick-up and drop-off at the Chase Hall loading dock. 
  • Please note: The Bobcat Express will still be available for medical appointments and other transportation needs. 

Am I required to provide the college with proof of receiving a vaccine booster?

At this time, students are not required to provide the college with vaccine booster information.

Where do I direct questions?

For questions related to the vaccine booster, please send your inquiry to Brenna Callahan at healthservices@bates.edu. For questions about transportation to and from vaccine appointments, please send your inquiry to David Chick at dchick@bates.edu.

Thank you for your time and attention, and best wishes as you complete your coursework for the semester.

All my best,

Joshua McIntosh

Vice President for Campus Life