From a Distance: Campus flyover
Amateur pilot Sue Reedich P’13 sent a few photos of her campus flyover last fall. Here’s what caught our eye.
1. The library terrace links large, modernist Ladd (1973) with smaller, historic Coram (1902).
2. Roger Williams’ expansion-restoration includes a pavilion-style addition.
3. A lively crossroads, thanks to recent construction (Commons, Alumni Walk) and renovation (Hedge, the Bill, Garcelon).
4. Known as the Merrill Grove, a stand that’s endured a century of facilities expansion. Big grove!
5. The site of future residences — with ample green space preserved.
6. Parker and other historic buildings once had flat roofs. But President Phillips wanted gables, so on they came.
Categories: Bates Magazine, From a Distance, Spring 2012.
Tags: arial, campus.