Summer Newsletter 2012: Admission
This year, the Office of Admission will merge with Student Financial Services. More details on this development will follow.
We are very pleased to announce a few staff updates. After a national search, Leigh A. Weisenburger has been appointed dean of admission and financial aid. Scott E. Steinberg ’86 has been promoted to director of admission. Both Leigh and Scott officially stepped into their new roles on July 1, 2012.
In addition, we have four new staff members in Lindholm House: Mai L. Hinton, assistant dean of admission; and Jeffrey D. Beaton ’12, Frederique Dupre and Zachery Hewitt, all admission counselors.
This fall, we’ll post several positions for students interested in working in Admission. Please be on the lookout for these. In addition, if you’re a Bates student interested in hosting prospective students, volunteering at Admission events or calling prospective students, please email us or stop by Lindholm House and talk to us.
Admission Events this fall
- Oct. 7-9: The first Prologue to Bates, an open house program for first-generation-to-college or multicultural students.
- Oct. 8: Fall Open House, a day of panels, presentations and tours for prospective students and families.
- Nov. 11-13: The second Prologue to Bates, an open house program for first-generation-to-college or multicultural students.
Next: Career Development Center (Newsletter Update)
Summer Newsletter 2012
- Changes in Faculty, 2012-13
- African American Studies*
- American Cultural Studies*
- Art and Visual Culture
- Asian Studies
- Athletics* and Physical Education*
- Biological Chemistry*
- Classical & Medieval Studies*
- Educational Studies
- Environmental Studies*
- French and Francophone Studies
- German and Russian Studies
- Physics and Astronomy
- Religious Studies
- Theater and Dance
- Women and Gender Studies
- Writing Workshop* and Learning Commons*
- Career Development Center
- College Advancement
- College Store
- Communications Office
- Dean of the Faculty’s Office*
- Dean of Students Office*
- Dining Services*
- Diversity and Inclusion*
- Environmental Health and Safety Office
- Facility Services
- Harward Center for Community Partnerships
- Information and Library Services
- Key Access
- Multifaith Chaplaincy*
- Off-Campus Study
- Office of the President*
- Registrar and Academic Systems
- Security and Campus Safety
- Student Activities