Ask the (College) Experts
We asked counselors about the commonly asked questions they received. Their helpful insights coupled with feedback from our virtual and in-person travel, led us to create of a series of (very) short videos affectionately called “Ask the (College) Experts” tackling the following questions:
- Where do I start?
- What does ‘Liberal Arts’ mean?
- What does ‘Early Decision’ mean?
- What should I know about financial aid?
- How do I connect with a college?
- What makes a “good” college application essay?
- What if I can’t visit?
- What does “test optional” mean?
- How should I fill out the activities section of my application?
- What happens after I submit my college application?
- I got in! How do I choose where to go?
These videos are neither meant to provide all of the answers, nor are they meant to focus solely on Bates. Rather, it is our hope that these small bites of information will be a helpful starting point for you on your unique college search process. At the very least, we hope to introduce you to the real people in our office.
Ready to dive in? Let’s get started!