Ask the (College) Experts
We asked your counselors about the commonly asked questions they received. Their helpful insights, coupled with feedback from our virtual and in-person travel, led us to create of a series of (very) short videos affectionately called “Ask the (College) Experts” tackling the following questions:
- Where do I start?
- What does ‘Liberal Arts’ mean?
- What should I know about financial aid?
- How do I connect with a college?
- What makes a good college application essay?
- What if I can’t visit?
- What does ‘test optional’ mean?
- What should I expect from a college interview?
- What happens after I submit my college application?
- I got in! How do I choose where to go?
These videos are not meant to provide all of the answers, and they are not meant to focus solely on Bates. Rather, it is our hope that these small bites of information will be a helpful starting point for you on your unique college search process. At the very least, we hope to introduce you to the real smiling people in our office.
Ready to dive in? Let’s get started!