Diversity Fly In Program: Prologue to Bates
Since its inception in 1855, Bates College has been committed to the ideals of inclusion and egalitarianism. As the first coeducational college in New England, Bates has accepted students without regard to race, religion, national origin, or sex for over 160 years. Our commitment to these values continues to the present, as Bates remains a place where “we engage the transformative power of our differences,” and our students are asked to engage with, and expose themselves to, varying perspectives. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is the guiding principle behind our Prologue to Bates, a fly-in program geared towards students entering their senior year who express interest in being a part of our inclusive and pluralistic community. All students are welcomed to apply, especially students who are first-generation-to-college, low-income, and/or historically underrepresented in higher education. Due to the brevity of the visit, students living outside of the United States are not eligible for consideration.
The dates for 2017 Prologue are:
- Prologue 1: October 8-10
- Deadline to Apply: September 1
- Prologue 2: November 12-14
- Deadline to Apply: October 13
Immerse yourself in all Bates College has to offer with a three day visit on us! During the overnight program you will:
- Attend a class of your choosing
- Stay in a residential hall with current Bates students
- Meet Bates faculty and staff
- Tour Bates’ beautiful, 109-acre campus
- Eat at Commons Dining Hall
- Participate in an admission interview
- Sit-in on an information session
- Explore the various academic, athletic, cultural, and co-curricular opportunities offered at Bates
Bates College is a real college in a real place, and Prologue to Bates provides a real opportunity for students who might not otherwise visit to experience our campus and community.
We have provided answers to frequently asked questions about Prologue to Bates, but if you have additional questions about Prologue, please contact the Office of Admission at 1-855-228-3755 or email@example.com.