48 Campus Avenue
Built 1973; 112,000 square feet
The George and Helen Ladd Library contains
Cataloged titles 602,011
Recorded materials 36,544
Audio Streaming titles 88,662
Archives/manuscripts 5,022 linear feet
• Over 371 web-accessible databases
• A CBB shared library catalog (Bates, Bowdoin and Colby)
• The largest computer lab on campus, featuring collaborative seating and an instruction space
• Seven group viewing and listening rooms
• ARC (Academic Resource Commons), Computer Help Desk and Math/Statistics Workshop located in library
• Study spaces for 923 students, including more than 450 with power connections and wireless network access available in all library locations.
• Archives, rare books and manuscripts in the Edmund S. Muskie Archives and Special Collections Library.
• Depository for United States documents.
(Statistics from 2015-2016 Bates Facts)