COVID Guidelines 2021
If you have any questions or need assistance about Commencement 2021, please email Commencement2021@groups.bates.edu.
Public Health Guidelines When Visiting Bates
All participants and guests at Commencement 2021 will observe the following public-health guidelines:
- Wear a face covering at all times while on campus both inside and outside
- Maintain physical distancing at all times, except with those who you arrived to campus with and the student you have come to support
- Use hand sanitizer to facilitate hand hygiene
- Do not gather in groups of over 10 people
- Limit the time you are on campus to the Commencement ceremony and move-out only
Senior Week: Seniors and December Graduates
Seniors and December graduates who have been approved to participate in Senior Week activities must follow the public-health and testing guidelines outlined to them directly from the Office of Campus Life.
If seniors have any questions, please email the Office of Campus life, email@example.com.
Guest Testing and Vaccination Policy
Seniors and December graduates who are returning for Commencement Day only, and guests arriving for Commencement Day, are expected to have to have taken one of the following actions prior to arriving on campus.
1. Be fully vaccinated for COVID-19
Be fully vaccinated prior to arrival on campus, which means being two weeks past a second Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna shot or two weeks past a single Johnson & Johnson shot.
2. Test negative for COVID-19
Have a negative COVID-19 PCR test within 72 hours of arrival on campus or a negative COVID-19 antigen test within 24 hours of arrival on campus. This page includes a testing sites and options in Maine.
3.Be medically cleared of a recent COVID-19 Diagnosis
If you have tested positive for COVID-19, be medically cleared and at least 10 days from, and within 90 days of, the date and time that you tested positive or received your clinical diagnosis from a medical provider.