Environment keys parents and families weekend
The Bates Environment is the keynote address for the annual Parents and Families Weekend Oct. 4-6, as the college celebrates its new program in environmental studies and focuses on the human and natural ecology of the campus.
Hundreds of family members are expected to spend all or part of the weekend on campus attending plays, panel discussions, concerts and athletic contests, and hearing college officials talk about the future of Bates.
Among the events planned for the weekend are:
- A production of Wallace Shawn’s play The Fever.
- A concert by the Bates Modern Dance Company.
- A special concert Friday night in honor of the Olin Arts Center’s 10th anniversary, with performances by members of the music department.
- A “tree walk” around the campus with landscape coordinator Bill Bergevin.
- Panel discussions on campus diversity, college admissions, environmental issues and electronic communication, among other subjects.A presentation on student research.
- Football, field hockey and men’s and women’s soccer games against Williams College.
Leave a Reply
This is a forum for sharing your thoughts about the preceding post with the public. If you have a question for the author, please email the Bates Communications Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.