background

Travis Jones ’13, a double major in art and visual culture, and theater, with a minor in dance and a concentration in mathematics, is a standout in competitive diving with passions for architecture and aerial arts. Here he explains how and why he takes on the exploration of things that he loves. Produced by Phyllis Graber Jensen/Bates College.

8 Responses to “Audio Slide Show: ‘Creative and Physical’ — Travis Jones’ pursuit of aerial arts and athletics”

1. Mike Bartley says:

I am very pleased to have been a part of your exploration and development at Bates. You truly have been an exceptional individual and a terrific example of how an institution like Bates can help nudge a student toward bigger and better things, whatever “things” they happen to be. An old Chinese proverb states that teachers open the door, but students still must walk through them. You walked through every door that was opened for you. It will be exciting to see what you ultimately do with your life. Go forward and do great things knowing what we at Bates College will always be rooting for you.

2. Linh says:

That is truly amazing!!! You really inspire me.
    Keep it up Travis!

3. Sandra Aupi says:

Great job, Travis!! Best wishes for the future!

4. Severin Drix says:

Wow, you have already accomplished so much, Travis! I am so proud of you and glad to have taught you in Calculus, way back when.

5. Todd Peterson says:

I need to choreograph!!!!

6. Lailey says:

Travis!

I am fascinated by the magic the ensues when we combine our talent with our passion. You have been an inspiration all the way through at Bates! Hats off to you pursuing your creative dream. Congratulations on a job well done!

Lailey

7. Annaliese R. says:

Travis, You are truely amazing!! I can’t wait to see what else you are going to accomplish in your life. Keep it up my friend!

8. Dan Rosenzweig '10 says:

I did what I could to get introduce Bates to the aerial arts while I was at Bates, and I’m glad to see someone succeed where I couldn’t.
    Power to ya!