Effective date: September 25, 2018
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
Through our Website, Bates may collect several types of information from and about you, including personal information, such as your name, date of birth, physical address, email address, telephone number, sex, gender identity, ethnic background, country of citizenship, and education history, and information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and details regarding your usage of the Website. You may also provide information to be published or displayed on public areas of the Website; such contributions are posted on the Website and transmitted to others at your own risk.
We collect this information in several different ways, including directly from you when you provide it to us, such as by filling in forms on the Website or making search queries on the Website, and through the use of automatic data collection technologies. Such technologies may include cookies, web beacons, and other technologies. Cookies are small files typically placed on the hard drive of your computer. Web beacons are small electronic files that may be contained in our Website pages and messages.
Use and Disclosure of Your Information
Bates may use the information collected about you through our Website, including any personal information, in several different ways, including to:
- present, personalize, improve, and maintain our Website;
- provide you with information, services, or products that you request from us;
- respond to your comments and questions;
- provide information and materials about our services and products, such as electronic newsletters and promotional emails;
- gather aggregate information about the Website user base as a whole;
- fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it; and/or
- fulfill any other business purposes.
Bates may disclose without restriction aggregated information about visitors to our Website and information that does not identify any individual. Bates may disclose some or all of the information collected about you through our Website, including personal information:
- to any subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other affiliates;
- to a buyer or other successor in the event that we are acquired, merge with another entity or sell portions of our assets;
- to contractors, service providers, and other third parties who provide support to Bates (including Google Analytics, display networks, and social networks; see above);
- to comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Bates or others;
- consistent with any other purposes disclosed by us when you provide the information; and/or
- with your consent.
If you no longer wish to receive from Bates communications providing you with information regarding services and products offered by Bates, you can opt out at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in the communication, calling us, or emailing us at email@example.com.
Protection of Your Information
Bates has implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we take measures to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its security. Any transmission of personal information to or using our Website is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site. The safety and security of information also depends on you. If we have provided you with (or you have chosen) a username and password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping such information confidential. Please do not share your username and password with anyone.
Facebook Data Deletion Policy
In accordance with Facebook’s Developer Policies and Platform Terms, Bates does not use the Facebook platform or associated develop apps within the platform to collect or store personal information from site visitors.
“Do Not Track” Signals
Notice to Visitors Outside of the United States