Amazon Business Account
- Business Pricing
- Prime Shipping (1 to 2 days)
JP Morgan Credit Card
- If your department does not have a P-Card, the card held at the College Store is the preferred method of payment. In the College Store use ONLY (online/phone orders)
- It is the responsibility of the purchaser to ensure that the vendor has Bates’ tax-exempt number on file and does not charge sales tax. Accounting or the Contract Office can provide you with the tax-exempt documentation
- PayPal account available for vendors who require that method of payment.
Local Store Credit Cards with Tax Exemption
These cards can be checked-out from the store and taken to local businesses or be used to shop online. Cards can be checked out for 24 hours. Any receipts generated by purchases using the cards are due at the time the card is returned.
- Home Depot
BJ’s Wholesale Club Membership
- The physical card only allows access to the store and isn’t a form of payment. Payment must be made with a Bates credit card or Bates check for tax exemption. Payment with personal card doesn’t get tax exemption and must be reimbursed through the Finance Office Cashier.
Purchase Order (PO) Creation
- When requested or required by the vendor
- All purchases that are paid for with College resources must be for goods and services that further the mission and academic programs of the College.
- More information about purchase orders is available on the Accounting department page.
- To request a Purchase Order, please contact us during normal business hours. Email is preferred. Click below for the required information needed for its creation.
- Vendor Name
- Vendor address and website (if it’s a new vendor)
- Description of item(s) being ordered
- Quote (attached to email request as a PDF) or quote number for reference
- Account(s) to be charged – Fund / Org / Budget Account (common budget accounts: 9150 teaching supplies, 9131 Office supplies, etc…)
- Lead time for delivery, if known
- Delivery address
- Advise if digital copy of PO is needed or just the PO number (note: it is much faster for us to just generate the PO number)
NOTE: Purchase Orders serve a couple of purposes — they encumber funding within the department budget so it isn’t overspent (most useful at year’s end) and it is the college’s way of saying it will pay the vendor. The Purchase Order, itself, is not a payment. When an invoice comes in referencing a purchase order, it must still be coded and signed and sent to the Accounting Office (A/P) to be paid.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and include the requested information.
- Preferred vendor for office supplies with negotiated rates. Request access to the online ordering tool by contacting Gail St.Pierre.
- Online ordering tool
- On-Campus delivery Tuesday and Friday
- Special request: delivery service available for non-delivery days- Instructions
- Dedicated in-person sales representative, Jen Edmiston: email@example.com, 888-927-2766 x5832
- Available for one-on-one instruction and training
- Preferred vendor for office furniture (New Office, Large Furniture) includes Design, Delivery, Installation and Customer Service follow-up
- Chairs ONLY – Jessica Smith -Director of Environmental, Health and Safety Bates College – Human Resources Department
Directory error: No Record Found
Laundry by CSC
- Laundry facilities are located in each building. The use of pre-measured laundry detergent pods is highly recommended in these machines. Students pay for laundry through CSC cards, which are available in six locations on campus. The initial cost for this is $5 ($2 for the card and $3 credit toward machine use).
- You can purchase or reload your card in $5 increments with cash or card at CSC machines located across campus. You can also add value online on the CSC website, then enter the 6-digit code you are given to reload at a machine on campus. CSC machines are located in the following locations:
- Ladd Library
- Pettengill Hall
- Hacker House
- Chu Hall (code only, no cash or credit)
- Kalperis Hall (code only, no cash or credit)
- For service: Students can call 1-877-264-6622 or use this link. Students should reference the white sticker with barcode -The 3 digit number with 3 letters after it. (123-abc).
If you have any questions please contact Gail St.Pierre
St Pierre, Gail S.
Hours of operation and services provided by the Contract Office located inside the College Store.
Walk-in hours are available, but email requests are strongly preferred where possible.
Monday – Friday
- 8:00am – 9:00am – preferred
- 9:00am – 10:30am
- 12:30pm to 3:30pm