Goals and Objectives
Create brave and inviting spaces for students.
- Sustain attention to imparting program ethos through all aspects of the program including, students, faculty, guest artists, and parents/guardians.
- Cultivate an environment of expectation, rather than hesitation, when addressing instances and systems of inequality.
- Model excellence in leadership, participation, and reflection.
Engage critical studies of the histories of dance, theater, and performance.
- Learn the vocabulary and practice methods of respectful evaluation and generative critique.
- Pursue creative and scholarly research with a nuanced understanding of cultural context.
- Demonstrate clear and effective academic writing in the field.
Strengthen creative skills through the creative process of Making.
- Apply a variety of criteria, aesthetics, and approaches to the understanding and valuing of dance making and performing.
- Practice collaboration within the creative process.
- Create unique, challenging and diverse performances to share them with our community.
Foster personal agency, responsibility, and actions through physical practice.
- Develop a multifaceted physicality through a variety of dance practices.
- Acknowledge and transform power dynamics in a dance space.
- Nurture inclusive and activist communities through embodiment.