Submitting Your Project to the IRB
Submissions to the IRB must include all of the following:
- COMPLETED IRB Checklist
- Cover sheet including the name of the project, researcher’s name and e-mail address, and advisor’s name and e-mail address (if applicable).
- A summary of your project in no more than 150 words. (You can review a sample IRB proposal here.)
- Detailed description of the procedural section of the research proposal.
- A reasonably complete sample of the test items, if applicable.
- Consent form and script for obtaining informed consent. (Consent form templates are available on our downloads page.)
- If applicable, script for debriefing research participants. (Debriefing is required where there is either deception or incomplete disclosure of the purpose of the study. If these do not apply, debriefing is nevertheless encouraged for the learning opportunity a debriefing provides participants.)
- If another institution or organization will be involved in your research, include a letter of permission to conduct research from them. (Please note that this does not replace individual consent from your participants.)
Please send an e-mail that includes all of the above as attachments to IRB@bates.edu.