E-Research Fair @ Ladd
Please join Library and Learning Commons staff on August 23rd to learn about new resources, new discovery tools, science apps, writing apps, tech tools, ebooks and downloading, citation management.
View the new web site now in development, ask questions and meet representatives from publishers who help us offer you some of the best resources possible. Bring your mobile devices and bring your curiosity! Sip coffee, pick up handouts with practical information, and listen to some cutting-edge ideas about e-research during your lunch break!
10:00 – 12:00
Refreshments in Reference / Research Area
Questions and Answers with Library / Learning Commons Staff
- Writing at Bates with Hillory Oakes and Joanne Cole
- Preview the New web site with Laura Juraska
- Science and Mobile Apps with Pete Schlax
- New resources in your area of expertise? Check with Sandi Groleau
- E-book packages with Susan MacArthur
- Music resources with Chris Schiff Be sure to bring along your mobile devices.
- Overdrive (State of Maine access) with Brenda Reynolds
- Questions about the Humanities? visit Tom Hayward
Meet Publishers and Ask Questions – Learn What is New!
- Elsevier: Lawrence Zhornist, Norman Azoulay, Niels Dam
- JSTOR: Patrick Moriarty
- Oxford: Charles Everest, Lenny Allen
- RefWorks: Ted Tyson
10:15 – 10:45
Learn about Oxford Bibliographies and the Oxford Index with Charles Everest in the Mabel Eaton Conference Room.
10:30 – 11:15
Learn about Science Direct and Scopus (Elsevier) and great productivity apps with Norman Azoulay in Ladd 148
11 – 11:45
RefWorks will give you their undivided attention in the Mabel Eaton Conference Room for a presentation, questions, tips, and more.
11:30 – 12:00
Learn how much Bates uses JSTOR with Patrick Moriarty in Ladd 148 … and learn about future plans at JSTOR!
12:00 – 1
Panel Presentation on e-research discovery issues and e-books with Elsevier, represented by Lawrence Zhornist, JSTOR represented by Patrick Moriarty, and Oxford University Press represented by Lenny Allen. See you in the Writing Center Area!
1 – 2:00
Reference / Research Area, where all librarians, learning commons staff and publishers will be available for further questions and conversation, or to set up fall instruction classes and other appointments. Tell us — both publishers and library staff — what you need!