We appreciate your interest in Bates and would like to help you determine if we’re a better fit for you. We welcome applications from students who have attended or are attending other institutions — including international students enrolled overseas.
If you haven’t yet completed a second semester at another institution, the high school transcript remains critical; for all transfer applicants, both high school and college transcripts are considered.
A transfer student is defined as any student who has previously matriculated as a degree candidate at another institution and has earned or is earning credit. Transfer students are eligible for need-based financial aid and are guaranteed campus housing. Though we don’t require a minimum GPA, students who transfer to Bates generally have a college GPA in the range of 3.5 or better (out of 4.0) in a challenging liberal arts and sciences curriculum.
Transfer 2015-2016 Admission Deadlines
- Nov. 1 January 2016 admission application
- Nov. 1. Financial aid application for January 2016 admission
- Nov. 15 Complete on-campus interview
- Dec. 1 Notification of Bates January 2016 Admission decision
- Dec. 10 Deadline for January 2016 Admission Candidate’s reply and $300 deposit
- Feb. 15 Request an alumni interview, completed no later than March 1
- Mar. 1 September transfer admission application
- Mar. 1 Financial aid application for September transfer admission
- Apr. 29 Notification of Bates Admission decision
- May 8 Deadline for Candidate’s reply and $300 deposit
- Jun. Send one official copy of your final transcript to Admission