Ready, set, welcome: Nine behind-the-scenes stories about the new Bates year
After the first-year students and their trip leaders headed off on their preorientation AESOP trips on Monday, we did a campus walkabout to check on our colleagues’ final preparations for the new academic year. All over campus we heard a similar theme: The more things stay the same, the more they change.
- Sanford Freedman and his English courses
- Suzy Nattress and the keys to Bates
- James Reese and the dean’s office
- Christine Schwartz and the menu from Dining Services
- Sarah Potter ’77 and the business of books
- Tom Hayward and the Bates library
- Mara Tieken and Therí Pickens and their new faculty appointments
- Mark Harriman and trends in football
- Jim Taylor and the Bobcat equipment room
Categories: AESOP and Orientation, Collaboration, Faculty and staff.
Previous Post: The Class of 2015, by the numbers
Next Post: Rapper Macklemore and his DJ/producer, Ryan Lewis, to perform outdoor show