Ready, set, welcome: Nine behind-the-scenes stories about the new Bates year
After the first-year students and their trip leaders headed off on their preorientation AESOP trips on Monday, we did a campus walkabout to check on our colleagues’ final preparations for the new academic year. All over campus we heard a similar theme: The more things stay the same, the more they change.
- Sanford Freedman and his English courses
- Suzy Nattress and the keys to Bates
- James Reese and the dean’s office
- Christine Schwartz and the menu from Dining Services
- Sarah Potter ’77 and the business of books
- Tom Hayward and the Bates library
- Mara Tieken and Therí Pickens and their new faculty appointments
- Mark Harriman and trends in football
- Jim Taylor and the Bobcat equipment room
Leave a Reply
This is a forum for sharing your thoughts about the preceding post with the public. If you have a question for the author, please email the Bates Communications Office at email@example.com.