Podcasting Project Support
Audio Project Software
- Audacity – Free, open source, cross-platform audio software. Audacity is a powerful and easy-to-use platform for recording, mixing, and exporting audio projects and podcasts.
- GarageBand – Free, introductory audio editing program from Apple.
*Please note, GarageBand is compatible with macOS and iOS devices only.
- Adobe Audition – Industry-standard audio editing software from Adobe Creative Cloud.* This robust program is best suited for advanced users working on complex audio projects.
*Please note: Adobe Creative Cloud is currently available for Bates students on campus lab computers only.
Audio Project Resources
- Royalty Free Music Resources – A Bates library guide for royalty-free and licensed music for digital media projects.
- Free Music Archive – A royalty-free music repository for background tracks, jingles, etc.
- FreeSound – A repository of Creative Commons sounds and effects.
- Anchor by Spotify – A free, flexible platform for uploading and creating podcasts from Spotify. A good option for creators looking for a place to host their podcasts and share them with a broader audience.
- Microphone Polar Patterns Guide – A guide for selecting the optimal microphone settings when creating at-home and/or field audio recordings
Audio Project Tutorials
- Audacity Tutorials – A series of written tutorials for getting started with Audacity. Audacity also offers an excellent step-by-step tutorial on Mixing a Narration With Background Music.
- GarageBand Tutorials – A series of written tutorials for getting started GarageBand. The DMS also offers a step-by-step guide for Creating a Podcast with GarageBand.
- Adobe Audition Tutorials – A series of video tutorials for getting started with Adobe Audition. The DMS also offers a step-by-step guide for using Creating a Podcast with Adobe Audition.