Podcasting Project Support
Audio Project Resources
- Audacity – Free, open source, cross-platform audio software. Audacity offers many of the features of Audition, but with a simplified interface.
- GarageBand – Free, introductory audio editing program from Apple.
*Please note, GarageBand is compatible with macOS and iOS devices only.
- Adobe Audition – Industry-standard audio editing software from Adobe Creative Cloud.* This robust program is a great choice for recording, editing, and exporting audio projects.
*Please note: Adobe Creative Cloud is currently available for Bates students on campus lab computers only.
- Royalty Free Music Resources – A Bates library guide for royalty-free and licensed music for digital media projects.
- Free Music Archive – A royalty-free music repository for background tracks, jingles, etc.
- FreeSound – A repository of Creative Commons sounds and effects.
- Anchor by Spotify – A free, flexible platform for uploading and creating podcasts from Spotify. A good option for creators looking for a place to host their podcasts and share them with a broader audience.
Audio Project Tutorials
- Podcasting Tutorial – An introduction to creating a podcast, including tips for planning, equipment selection, and recording audio.
- Audacity Tutorials – A series of written tutorials for getting started with Audacity
- GarageBand Tutorials – A series of written tutorials for getting started GarageBand
- Creating a Podcast with GarageBand Tutorial – A step-by-step guide to creating a Podcast using GarageBand
- Adobe Audition Guide – A step-by-step guide for using Audition to record, edit, and mix audio for podcasts, videos, and other projects. Adobe has also created a very helpful series of video tutorials.
- Uploading Audio Files for Streaming in Lyceum
- Microphone Polar Patterns Guide – A guide for selecting the optimal microphone settings when creating at-home and/or field audio recordings